Well, our house got flooded this week and we’ve been spending all week cleaning up the mess. To make it more fun, we had to turn off the water in part of the house and we can’t get to the broken pipe to fix it without a lot of work. So, we’re eating heat up foods on paper plates! Things come in three’s, right? :)
I’m also so excited because my son won first place at his school science fair again this year. If you read my little ironies, you’ll find one that says “Yes, my son won 1st place in the science fair at school, but he didn't turn in half of his assignments this term?” Well, the newest one is going to read “My son won 1st place in the science fair at school, but he has 13 missing assignments this term! Will we ever get this under control?” LOL! Anyway, I’m proud of both my kids. My daughter didn’t win an award on hers but she doesn’t have missing assigments and I’m very proud of her for that!
Since I’ve been neglecting my blog, I have a lot to announce. First, I’m up for the 6x4 brag book exchange! I’ve finally finished the new kit for it. Here’s a look:
You can buy the kit here 35% off!
I created it for all of the teenage boys out there!
I also have a new brag book template set that I created for the exchange! Here’s a look at it:
Here are the bonuses you will get for participating in the exchange:
Holly’s “Miss Priss” 12x12 exchange ends tomorrow (Friday) at midnight. Here’s a reminder for that if you still want to participate:
Miss Priss Addons:
The exchange also features my Princess Templates:
Use the kit, the addons, and my princess templates in the exchange and you can get the following free:
And since I’m still working on the 365 templates, here is the 3rd one for free:
Thanks for the comments! I read them all!
My Little Ironies
- I just had to tell my daughter that there was little probability that she could do eighty chores in two hours and 10 minutes to earn a giant lot of pet shops on Ebay that she wants to earn before the auction closes. That's at two chores per dollar. :)
- We are helping my father sell an old vehicle and what do we find in the glove box...an unused 12 guage shotgun shell...that's my Dad!!
- How does a three year old end up at church with no underwear on, especially when you dressed him and you know he had underwear on at one point during the morning?
- The root of all toilet clogging evil is apparently a ball point pen and it's nearly impossible to dislodge one of those from the inside of a toilet.
- You know you have to do some serious laundry when you actually consider wearing your 11 year old daughter's Hannah Montana shirt.
- My 6 year old daughter got a comb stuck in her hair and we had to cut the comb into little bits to get it out of her hair.
- My kids keep breaking the toilet seats! I guess I need a bulk package of those too!
- Chocolate chips are not a food group.
- My toilet seat says "Hailee" on it!
- If there's work to be done, all of the kids need to use the bathroom or get a drink.
- All two-year-olds think the baby swing is for them!
- When you have 6 kids, carpet is your enemy!
- You know you have a large family when your grocery receipt is 4 feet long.
- The toilet is clogged and my husband found a plastic easter egg in the pipe.
- My daughter just asked me if she can put chocolate sprinkles on here melted cheese sandwich (really???)
- I burned up another hard drive on my PC! Can I buy a bulk package of those too?
- Well actually, my sand pile is full of socks and silverware!
- My sand pile is full of socks!
- The key to my treadmill is missing again...can I just purchase a bulk package of them???
- I fixed my daughter's glasses with JB Weld!
- I have a pile of sand on my leather couch.
- My daughter lost her glasses in the snow on the way home from school in January. Someone found them in March and turned them into the school office! Amazingly enough, the school remembered we lost them in January. Wow!
- Just when I think he knows better, my 10 year old son plugs the bathroom sink and the emergency drain in the sink basin to soak his grow creature, turns on the water, and forgets about it until we notice water flooding out from under the bathroom door! And yes, he locked the door so no one would bother the grow creature!!
- It's time for another worn out pair of the hubby's pants to disappear! Aren't kids suppose to be the only ones who are attached to clothing?
- My 4 year old says she needs "peace and quite"!!!!!
- My Husband says there's a perfectly good reason for the leatherman being in my dish drainer.
- I have a leatherman (fancy pocket knife) in my dish drainer. I don't know why.
- My kids are storing a tumble weed in my garage for the winter!
- My 10 year old son informed me that people have only discovered about half of the world's caves (thank you BBC and planet earth!)
- My baby's car seat is full of finely crushed graham crackers (?? Little babies don't eat graham crackers)!
- My husband's shoes are filled with Mr. Potato Head parts!
- My two year old thinks the new baby swing is for him! He can even climb in by himself and work all the controls. Boy, does he have a rude awakening coming!!
- I have a giant mud hole in my back yard.
- My vacuum is fully of plastic easter grass.
- My kids are too full to finish their dinner, but they have plenty of room left for cake!
- I have a giant laundry basket full of socks, and we can't find a single match!
- Miscellaneous items found while cleaning out my kids' toy box include a flashlight, rocks (no suprise), a sea shell (we don't live by the sea), a drill bit, a stapler, and some tree bark!
- My daughter's medical bills added up to about $18,000, but we got a free sippy cup and a ball signed by the Utah JAZZ Dancers!
- I put safety locks on the tops of my outside doors to keep my three year old from escaping and she figured out how to open them with a broom in approximately five minutes.
- I bought the EXPENSIVE vacuum this time only to find that my 3-year-old took it apart with a screwdriver!
- I haven't showered for 3 days, but my house is clean!
- I have 38 winter gloves of various sizes in my coat closet and none of them match.
- We're out of peanut butter because my husband used the rest to catch a mouse in our garage!
- Yes, my son won 1st place in the science fair at school, but he didn't turn in half of his assignments this term?
- No matter how many toys my toddler got for Christmas, I still find him in the middle of my kitchen floor sitting in my crock pot!